PBC Service Updates
Beginning August 09, all children's Sunday morning church-time classes Age 2 - Grade 6 are OPEN! *We will be having Nursery tentatively dependent upon the availability of volunteers on a week to week basis. Please contact Cathy Laird or Joyce Welch if you are willing to help!
Tentatively, we will begin our new 20-21 program year on Wednesday, September 2, 2020. This will include Awana, Gopher Buddies (K), WIRED (Grades 1-6), ROCK Ministry (Grades 7-12) and Adult & Women's Bible Study groups.
Our Sunday Evening services will begin on Sunday, September 06, 2020.
"Better Together" moms group will resume September 08. See their Facebook page for more info.
Grief Share will begin September 14, 6-7:30pm weekly. Call the church for more info.
Pennsville Baptist Reopening Guidelines - Worship Services
Please be sure to ask the following questions on behalf of you and your entire family before attending any church service or activity:
- Am I showing any flu-like symptoms? (fever, coughing, shortness of breath or related respiratory symptoms)
- Have I had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- Have I had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical condition or risk factor as to why I should not be around others?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we ask you to stay home and attend our service virtually. We will continue to live stream our morning worship service at 9:45am.
The PBC Board asks that anyone who attends a church function and tests positive for COVID-19 notify the church office. We would then ask that person for a list of those that they were in close contact with at church so that we can inform them.
The following Temporary Precautions are in place:
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in the lobby. We would encourage everyone to use it upon entering the building.
- Interior auditorium doors will be left open to minimize contact with the door handles.
- Based on the information from the Secretary of the PA Dept. of Health, the Official Board has made the choice to follow the guideline which requires that face coverings be worn at indoor gatherings. At the same time, we respect your privacy and understand that there are reasons for not wearing face coverings. We must all remember that we may be carrying the virus asymptomatically. We want to protect everyone, especially those that fall in the high-risk category.
- We will have social distancing protocol in place. Family groups and couples can sit together but please space yourselves safely from others. Please respect all signage and/or markings that are in place throughout the building.
- The only upstairs restrooms open will be the ones in the main lobby and the handicapped restroom.
- There will be one unstaffed nursery available to use for childcare needs if needed.
- There will be no hymnals or bibles in the pews, bulletins will not be distributed, and offering plates will not be passed. A retiring offering will be taken in the rear of the auditorium upon leaving the service.
- Water fountains will be covered and are not to be used at this time. Bottled water will be available. Please see an usher if this need arises.
- When the service is over, we will have an orderly dismissal by section to exit the building. Please exit the lobby and move to the parking lot to continue conversations. We cannot effectively social distance in the small lobby of the church.
Please be mindful that we are not back to normal yet and things will be different for a while. Please realize that the guiding principle is the health and safety of all our members and staff and to provide the safest environment possible. Love for God demands that we assemble for His glory and for corporate worship. Love for neighbor also demands that we not unnecessarily present a grave risk to each other in our desire to assemble together.