RSVP for In-Person Services
Dear Pennsville Baptist Church family,
“Jesus loves you and so do I!” Let this be our theme through this decisive time of COVID-19. Our 1st Amendment right guarantees us religious freedom. With the exercise of that freedom we make choices.
At this time, based on the information from the Secretary of the PA Dept. of Health, the Official Board has made the choice to follow the guideline which requires that face coverings be worn at indoor gatherings.
At the same time, we respect your privacy and understand that there are reasons for not wearing face coverings.
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work together as a congregation and community.
Pastoral Staff and Official Board
Pennsville Baptist Phase One Reopening - Sunday Worship Service
Please realize that the guiding principle is the health and safety of all our members and staff and to provide the safest environment possible. Love for God demands that we assemble for His glory and for corporate worship. Love for neighbor also demands that we not unnecessarily present a grave risk to each other in our desire to assemble together.
Please be sure to ask the following questions on behalf of you and your entire family before attending any church service or activity:
- Am I showing any flu-like symptoms? (fever, coughing, shortness of breath or related respiratory symptoms)
- Have I had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- Have I had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical condition or risk factor as to why I should not be around others?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we ask you to stay home and attend our service virtually.
We will continue to live stream our morning worship service at 9:45am.
The following Temporary Precautions are in place:
- Only enter the building at the front door under the canopy or side door adjacent to the Rec. Building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in the lobby. We would encourage everyone to use it upon entering the building.
- Interior auditorium doors will be left open to minimize contact with the door handles.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged per CDC guidelines. We must all remember that we may be carrying the virus asymptomatically. We want to protect everyone, especially those that fall in the high-risk category.
- We will have social distancing protocol in place. We will have limited, spaced out seating in the auditorium and overflow. Family groups and couples can sit together but please space yourselves safely from others. The Family Life Center is video equipped and may be used for overflow seating if needed. FLC restrooms will be open if the room is in use. Please respect all signage and/or markings that are in place throughout the building.
- The only upstairs restrooms open will be the ones in the main lobby and the handicapped restroom.
- There will be one unstaffed nursery available to use for childcare needs if needed.
- There will be no hymnals or bibles in the pews, bulletins will not be distributed, and offering plates will not be passed. A retiring offering will be taken in the rear of the auditorium upon leaving the service.
- Water fountains will be covered and are not to be used at this time. Bottled water will be available. Please see an usher if this need arises.
- When the service is over, we will have an orderly dismissal by section to exit the building. Please exit the lobby and move to the parking lot to continue conversations. We cannot effectively social distance in the small lobby of the church.
- We have an “RSVP” system in place for this Sunday’s service to attempt at knowing how many will be attending so that if plans for an overflow area need to be adopted, we can react ahead of time. See our website, www.pennsvillebaptist.com.
Please be mindful that we are not back to normal yet and things will be different for a while. Also know that we are working toward returning to full ministries of what we know as Pennsville Baptist Church. Other face-to-face ministries will be restarted only when we are fully capable of providing a safe environment for all concerned.