Pennsville Baptist Church seeks to provide a safe and secure environment for the children who participate in our programs and activities. By implementing the requirements below, our goal is achieved to protect the children, our staff and volunteers. We, as Christians, must be diligent with this task.
EACH VOLUNTEER MUST:
I. Background Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (CY113) (Childline Act 33)
- How to ---> www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS -- (You must create a new account)
- PA Criminal Record Check (SP4-164 & SP4-164A(VOLUNTEERS)) (Act 34)
- How to ---> https://epatch.pa.gov/home
- (Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check - Only Required for Paid Employees)
- How to ---> https://uenroll.identogo.com/ (Service code for Volunteers is 1KG6ZJ ; Service code for Paid Employees is 1KG756 )
II. Mandated Reporter Online Seminar
- The online course is available at www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
- A certificate is provided after completion of this seminar. We MUST obtain a copy of this for proof of completion!
III. Safe Sanctuaries - All Volunteers must read this policy for reducing the risk of sexual abuse for children and adults.
IV. Annual Review - All Volunteers are asked to submit an annual renewal application to review PBC policies and procedures and update the PBC staff on any changes happening in their status.
*Please send copies of clearances and certification to the church office at email@example.com
- All PAID staff must get all 3 Clearances
- All Volunteers ages 18 & over:
- If you have lived in PA for at least 10 yrs., volunteers must have both the PA Child Abuse History and the PA Criminal Record Check.
- If you have not been a resident for at least 10 yrs., you must also obtain the FBI Criminal History Report.
- The Clearances are required every 60 months.
- If you cannot complete these background checks and clearances online, please contact the church office.
- You Must submit a copy of each of your clearances for us to keep on record. Please either mail or drop-off to the church office or give to Cathy Laird.
- For More info on Clearances or Child Safety, visit http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm